Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lab D- iDANCE

To see the second half of my lesson click here.

So you think you can dance? Students tested there skills with new technology, using the iDANCE. This great new interactive game allows students to follow foot pattern movements on wireless floor mats, very similar to that of DDR but with a lot of great new features. One of these features being a ticking mechanism to the steps, one should take during the game. This allows students to better judge when to step, thus helping their reaction time; which was actually the focus of my lesson.
Overall all I was very pleased with my lesson. And I personally got a lot of great feedback from TA's and professor Yang. I feel like I hit all the marks on the C9 form as well as accomplished many NYS and NASPE standards. I definitely hit NYS standard 1a and 2 because I had them participate in physically active tasks, as well as work together in pairs and groups as teams, making decisions to aim towards a goal. This would also include NASPE standards 1,2,5, and 6. So I am pretty pleased with that aspect of it. Something I noticed that I definitely need to improve on is my time managment. Looking at my time coding form I once again need to instruct less, and keep them active more. This is something I will continue to work on. Becides that some things that I believe that I improved on are how well I projected my voice and feedback. I gave quite a lot of specific personal feedback, so many of the people in the class which has been something I have been aiming on improving in. I have also always had trouble getting my voice loud enough in the gym, and I seemed to have succeeded in that as well! Now my next task is to have my voice carry that well in the Lusk field house.
One of my main things was teaching by invitation. In just about every activity they had the option of at what level they believed they should participate. Sometimes they made this decision as a team, which contributed very well to the affective domaine.
The students were able to improve in their reaction times, as they worked on activities including clapping while stepping, crab walks, and jumping on a singular arrow. I believed it was an enjoyable lesson and I had a great time teaching it. The students themsleves were given the opportunity to experience a new form of exercise, which has great potential to inspire a healthy lifestyle. Students also score well on both the cognitive and affective components. So overall I feel the class got a great deal of knowledge out of this lesson. Feel free to look at any of the links below and to make comments on this post. I am always looking to improve my teaching ability.

Lesson Plan

Progressions 1








No comments:

Post a Comment